PM MITRA Parks
Part of: GS-Prelims and Mains GS-III: Indian Economy
In News: Government has approved setting up of 7 Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA) Parks with a total outlay of Rs. 4,445 crore in a period of 5 years.
- Will be developed by a Special Purpose Vehicle which will be owned by State Government and Government of India in a Public Private Partnership (PPP) Mode.
- World-class industrial infrastructure would attract cutting age technology and boost FDI and local investment in the sector
- Will offer an opportunity to create an integrated textiles value chain right from spinning, weaving, processing/dyeing and printing to garment manufacturing at 1 location
- Intended to generate ~1 lakh direct and 2 lakh indirect employment per park
- The Park will have –
- Core Infrastructure: Incubation Centre & Plug & Play facility, Developed Factory Sites, Roads, Power, Water and Waste Water system, Common Processing House & CETP and other related facilities e.g. Design Centre, Testing Centres etc.
- Support Infrastructure: Workers’ hostels & housing, logistics park, warehousing, medical, training & skill development facilities
‘5F’ Formula encompasses – Farm to fibre; fibre to factory; factory to fashion; fashion to foreign
News Source: PIB