Ram Van Gaman Tourism Circuit
Part of: Prelims and GS I – Art and culture and GS-III – Tourism
Context Chhattisgarh Chief Minister inaugurated the redeveloped ancient Mata Kaushalya temple, part of the “Ram Van Gaman” Tourism Circuit.
- He inaugurated the first phase of the project in Chandrakhuri village of Raipur district. Chandkhuri is believed to be the maternal home of Lord Ram.
About Ram Van Gaman Tourism Circuit
- The State government is developing the tourism circuit at a cost of Rs. 137.45 crore.
- Nine sites are being developed to attract tourists to the circuit,
- The circuit shall cover the route believed to be taken by Lord Ram during his 14-year exile.
- The nine sites are Sitamarhi-Harchaika (Koriya), Ramgarh (Ambikapur), Shivrinarayan (Janjgir-Champa), Turturiya (Baloda Bazaar), Chandkhuri, Rajim (Gariaband), Sihawa-Saptarishi Ashram (Dhamtari), Jagdalpur (Bastar) and Ramaram (Sukma).
About Mata Kaushalya temple
- Mata Kaushalya temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Mata Kaushalya, mother of Lord Ram.
- It is the only temple in the world dedicated to Mata Kaushalya.
- It is located on Chandkhuri village 27 km away from the Raipur in Chhattisgarh
- The temple is believed to have been constructed in the 8th century