Keravan Kerala project
Part of: Prelims and GS-III – Tourism
Context Kerala has recently launched its tourism project on Caravans – Keravan Kerala.
- It is an unique initiative to promote stakeholder-friendly Caravan Tourism.
Features of the project
- The caravan parks will be located in natural settings.
- Emphasis on the safety and security of tourists.
- Sustainable use of local resources in creating caravan parks.
- Each caravan park will have a sewage treatment plant.
- The basic theme of the project is to club the luxury of caravan with the natural look of the park.
- Attractive incentives, including investment subsidy for purchase of caravan vehicles.
- Caravan parks can be developed in the private, public or joint sector.
- Operational 24×7 during the tourist season.
- Connected with fair-weather roads from the main road.