The Sydney Dialogue
Part of: International forums
In News: PM delivered keynote address at the Sydney Dialogue on the theme of India’s technology evolution and revolution.
Five important transitions taking place in India-
- One, the world’s most extensive public information infrastructure being built in India. Over 1.3 billion Indians have a unique digital identity, six hundred thousand villages will soon be connected with broadband and the world’s most efficient payment infrastructure, the UPI.
- Two, use of digital technology for governance, inclusion, empowerment, connectivity, delivery of benefits and welfare.
- Three, India has the world’s third largest and fastest growing Startup Eco-system.
- Four, India’s industry and services sectors, even agriculture, are undergoing massive digital transformation.
- Five, there is a large effort to prepare India for the future. We are investing in developing indigenous capabilities in telecom technology such as 5G and 6G. India is one of the leading nations in artificial intelligence and machine learning, especially in human-centred and ethical use of artificial intelligence. We are developing strong capabilities in Cloud platforms and cloud computing
India’s democratic traditions are old; its modern institutions are strong. And, we have always believed in the world as one family. The international order should ensure cryptocurrencies do not end up in wrong hands.
The Sydney Dialogue is an annual summit of cyber and critical technologies to discuss the fallout of the digital domain on the law and order situation in the world.
News Source: PIB