Part of: Prelims and GS III – Sci and tech
Context Indian Army launched a contemporary messaging application named ASIGMA.
- ASIGMA stands for Army Secure IndiGeneous Messaging Application.
- It is a new generation, state-of-the-art, web based application developed entirely in-house by team of officers of the Corps of Signals of the Army.
- The application is being deployed on the Army’s internal network as a replacement of Army Wide Area Network messaging application which has been in service for the past 15 years.
- The application has been fielded on Army owned hardware.
- It has a variety of contemporary features including multi-level security, message prioritisation and tracking.
- This future ready messaging application will meet real time data transfer and messaging requirements of the Army.