Good Governance Index 2021
Part of: Prelims
- Gujarat tops the composite ranking in the 58 indicator index followed by Maharashtra and Goa
- Uttar Pradesh registers 8.9 percent improvement in GGI indicators in the period 2019 to 2021
- Jammu and Kashmir registers 3.7 percent improvement in GGI indicators in the period 2019 to 2021
- Delhi tops the Union Territories category composite ranking Good Governance Index, GGI 2021 framework covered ten sectors and 58 indicators.
- Gujarat has performed strongly in 5 of the 10 sectors including economic governance, human resource development, public infrastructure and utilities, social welfare and development, judiciary and public safety, according to the statement.
- Maharashtra has performed strongly in agriculture and allied sector, human resource development, public infrastructure and utilities, social welfare and development.
- Goa has performed strongly in agriculture and allied sector, commerce and industry, public infrastructure and utilities, economic governance, social welfare and development and environment.
- Twenty states have improved their composite GGI scores over the GGI 2019 index scores.
Good Governance Index:
- GGI is a uniform tool that will help in assessing the status of governance and the impact of interventions undertaken by governments across all states and UTs.
- GGI had been “scientifically designed” to reflect various parameters of governance.
Objective of Good Governance Index:
- To provide quantifiable data to compare the state of governance in all states and UTs,
- Enable states and UTs to formulate and implement suitable strategies for improving governance and shift to result oriented approaches and administration
News Source: PIB