India-ITU Joint Cyberdrill 2021
Part of: Prelims and GS-III- Cyber Security
In News: Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) have commenced India-ITU Joint Cyberdrill 2021.
- It is a four days virtual event starting from 30 November to 3 December 2021
- This Cyberdrill is intended for Indian entities especially Critical Network Infrastructure operators.
- Several experts from ITU, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), INTERPOL, National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) and other eminent organizations participated in the inaugural session.
- More than 400 participants participated from critical sectors, namely, power, insurance, finance, CERT-In and CSIRT, industry, academia, telecom service providers and field units of DoT.
- India has secured 10th rank in the ITU Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI).