Part of: Prelims and GS-II – Polity and Governance
Context Chairperson, Lokpal of India, Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose recently inaugurated a digital Platform for Management of Complaints called ‘LokpalOnline’
- It can be accessed by all citizens of the country and complaints can be filed from anywhere, anytime.
- LokpalOnline is an end-to-end digital solution for the management of complaints against public servants filed under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013.
- Convenience to complainants for filing complaint online from anywhere anytime
- Information to the complainant about action on complaint at every stage through e-mails and SMS
- Facility to complainant to ascertain status of complaint at anytime
- Identity of the complaint is kept confidential
- The CVC, CBI and other inquiry agencies can upload their reports directly on ‘LokpalOnline’ platform.
- Reminders to inquiry agencies through e-mails and SMS
- Generation of analytical reports as per requirement
Do you know?
- Lokpal of India, has been established under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 to inquire and investigate allegations of corruption against public functionaries falling within the scope and ambit of this Act.
- At present complaints sent by post, e-mail or delivered by hand are entertained by the Lokpal of India.