Part of: Prelims and Mains GS-III: Infrastructure
In News: The Government has constituted Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) headed by Cabinet Secretary with Secretaries of 20 Infrastructure and Economic User Ministries as members of EGoS to monitor implementation of PM GatiShakti.
PM GatiShakti National Master Plan has been launched for providing multimodal connectivity to various Economic Zones in the country.
- A target of making India energy independent by 2047 has been set – by replace petroleum with other forms of energy
- National Hydrogen Mission has been announced noting the country spends Rs 12 trillion on energy imports every year.
Aim: To reduce the logistics cost
National Master Plan developed by: Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics (BISAG-N)
Nodal department for PM GatiShatki: Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
Significance: Currently, the logistics cost in India is about 13% of the GDP whereas in other developed countries it is to the extent of 8%. Government is committed to reduce the cost of logistics to ensure
- Competitiveness of our manufacturing sector,
- Better realisation of prices to farmers
- Availability of goods at cheaper prices to consumers
News Source: PIB