Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) Framework for NBFCs
Part of: Prelims and GS-III -Economy
Context The Reserve Bank of India announced a Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) Framework for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), to strengthen applicable supervisory tools.
current affairs image
- This will take effect October 1, 2022.
- This is in line with the PCA framework for banks
- Aim is to help improve their financial condition and governance issues.
- The framework will apply to all deposit-taking NBFCs, all non-deposit taking NBFCs in the middle, upper and top layers,
- It has excluded NBFCs not accepting or not intending to accept public funds, primary dealers and housing finance firms, along with government-owned ones.
Non-Banking Financial Company
- It is a financial institution that does not have a full banking license or is not supervised by a national or international banking regulatory agency.
- The most important difference between non-banking financial companies and banks is that NBFCs don’t take demand deposits.