Part of: Prelims, Mains GS-II: Government schemes and policies
In News: Over 1 lakh people getting pension directly into their bank accounts through SAMPANN project
SAMPANN – ‘System for Accounting and Management of Pension’ is an ambitious project of Government of India being implemented by Controller General of Communication Accounts, Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications.
- A seamless online pension processing and payment system for Department of Telecommunications pensioners
- Provides direct credit of pension into the bank accounts of pensioners
- Helped the Department in faster settlement of pension cases, improved reconciliation/auditing and ease of accounting.
- Instrumental in settling close to 76000 BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme 2019 cases in a short span of 6 months.
- A system with a flexible design which enables it to accommodate ever expanding requirements
- Has improved the service delivery to pensioners by providing a single window setup ensuring the following benefits:
- Timely settlement of pension cases
- Provision of e-Pension Payment Order
- Login for each pensioner enables access to key information like payment history
- Online submission of grievances and timely SMS alerts
News Source: PIB