Part of: Prelims and GS II – Policies and interventions
Context TRIFED Vandhan Chronicle was launched by Minister for Tribal Affairs.
- TRIFED VanDhan Chronicle is an in-depth resource on the Van Dhan Yojana and TRIFED’s activities in this important scheme.
- Over the past two years, The ‘Mechanism for Marketing of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) through Minimum Support Price (MSP) & Development of Value Chain for MFP’ has impacted the tribal ecosystem in a major way.
- The Van Dhan tribal start-ups have emerged as a source of employment generation for tribals and forest dwellers.
About The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)
- Established in 1987, under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984, this statutory body works for the social and economic development of the tribal people of the country and is administered by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- It has been registered as a National Level Cooperative body by the Government of the country
- It helps tribal people manufacture products for national and international markets on a sustainable basis and also supports the formation of Self-Help Groups and imparting training to them.