National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG)
Part of: Prelims and GS-II Polity and Governance
Context: In order to promote inclusive good governance, strengthening of local institutions and effective implementation of government programmes, the National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG), Government of India and National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj (NIRD & PR), Hyderabad signed MoU on 17th January 2022.
- The main purpose: To focus on different collaborative activities by drawing upon the strengths of these two national institutions for bringing better good governance mechanisms into practice across all programmes and schemes.
- NCGG is an autonomous institute under the aegis of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India.
- Its head office is at New Delhi and branch office at Mussoorie.
- NCGG traces its origin to the National Institute of Administrative Research (NIAR).
- NIAR was set up in 1995 by the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), the Government of India’s apex training Institute for higher civil services.
News Source: PIB