Part of: Prelims and GS-III -Defence and security
Context: The Navy is set to hold the 12th President’s Fleet Review (PFR) at Visakhapatnam and few days from that it will host the largest multilateral exercise in this region, Milan 2022.
- Milan 2022 will see participation of all major Navies including Quad countries, Russia and from West Asia. 46 countries have been invited for the exercise.
- It has several themes such as ant-submarine warfare among others along with deliberations, including by subject matter experts.
- During the exercise, the Navy will also be showcasing its Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV) capabilities meant to rescue submarines in distress.
- India is one of the few countries in the region which possesses this capability.
- Milanbegan in 1995 and is held biennially.
News Source: TH