Disaster Management Plan of Ministry of Panchayati Raj
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II: Government schemes and policies
Context: The Disaster Management Plan of Ministry of Panchayati Raj has been released.
Aim: To develop disaster resilience at the grassroots level among the Panchayats and establish a framework to align the disaster management measures in rural areas to that of the National Disaster Management Authority’.
- The convergent and collective actions to envision, plan and implement community-based disaster management plans, would be a game changer for our country in managing disasters comprehensively.
- People’s participation in preparedness for disaster management and mitigation activities at grassroots level is crucial. Active participation of the community is vital to carry out and sustain the activities relating to disaster management in rural areas.
- There is a need to formulate Panchayat-level and village-level Disaster Management Plans to mitigate the challenges in the event of disaster.
- Disaster management should be kept in mind while making a master plan for the holistic development of Panchayats in the country.
- All stakeholders including PRIs, elected representatives and functionaries of Panchayats etc. would participate in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the plan.
News Source: PIB
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…