Cabinet approves extension of Atal Innovation Mission
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors
Context: The Union Cabinet has approved continuation of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), till March 2023.
- The AIM shall work on its intended target of creating an innovation culture and entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country.
- Objective: To create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country via interventions at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels.
- The AIM has focused on both infrastructure creation and institution building.
The intended targets that will be achieved by AIM are:
- Establishing 10000 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs),
- Establishing 101 Atal Incubation Centers (AICs),
- Establishing 50 Atal Community Innovation Centers (ACICs) and
- Supporting 200 startups via the Atal New India Challenges.
News Source: PIB