Part of: GS-Prelims
DIKSHA is the platform for providing quality e-content for school education in States/UTs and QR coded Energized Textbooks for all grades (one nation, one digital platform).
- DIKSHA complies with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 level AA.
- This enables people with visual impairments to access the website using assistive technologies, such as screen readers.
Special e-content for visually and hearing impaired developed on Digitally Accessible Information System (DAISY) and in sign language on NIOS website/ YouTube.
- DAISY is the emerging world standard for digital talking books for people who are visually impaired or have a print disability.
- DAISY books have “embedded navigation” that enables readers to instantly jump to any part of a work- the same way a sighted person can turn to any page.
- With DAISY, the text is delineated with tags, such as part, chapter, page, paragraph, etc., and synced with the audio files. Readers can navigate through this hierarchy using the tab key or other player control.
News Source: PIB