SVANidhi se Samriddhi program
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions
About the Program:
- Provides social security benefits to street vendors for their holistic development and socio-economic upliftment
- Under the program, socio-economic profiling of PMSVANidhi beneficiaries and their families is conducted to assess their eligibility for 8 Government of India’s welfare schemes and facilitate sanctions of eligible schemes.
- Considering the success of Phase I, MoHUA launched the program expansion to additional 126 cities with an aim to cover 28 Lakh Street vendors and their families, with a total target of 20 Lakh scheme sanctions for FY 2022-23.
- The program has two-fold achievements:
- One, a central database of Street vendors and their families is created on various socio-economic indicators.
- Second, a first of its kind inter-ministerial convergence platform is established between various Central Ministries to extend safety net of welfare schemes to street vendor households.
Prime Minister Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi)
- Implemented by: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Objective: To provide affordable working capital loan up to 10 thousand rupees to Street Vendors for facilitating resumption of their livelihoods adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
News Source: PIB