World Health Day
Part of: Prelims and GS II – Health
Context: World Health Day is celebrated on April 7th every year to draw attention to a specific health topic of concern to all people across the world.
- On this day, WHO was established in 1948.
- This year, WHO will focus on urgent actions needed to keep humans and the planet healthy globally and also foster a movement to create a society focused on well-being.
- According to the WHO, more than 13 million deaths occur every year across the world due to avoidable environmental causes.
- This consists of the climate crisis, which is the single biggest threat to health facing humanity. Therefore, the climate crisis is also a health crisis
- The theme of World Health Day 2022 is “Our Planet, Our Health”.
News Source: Newsonair