Baba's Foundation Course, Geography Optional, Geography Strategy, IASbaba OFFLINE Classes, IASbaba ONLINE Programme, IASbaba's OPTIONAL Classes
Geography Optional – Foundation Course
Before we let you know the merits of Geography as an optional, please remove the notions and biases from your mind that might have developed as a result of your discussions on various online forums and maybe with your friends and seniors. UPSC doesn’t intentionally “butcher” a subject. All the optionals have their distinct advantages and drawbacks but by no stretch of imagination would UPSC give preference to one optional over the other. What may happen though is that some optionals might have scored more than the others in a particular year but that trend gets reversed also. That is the unpredictability of the Civil Services Examination that we have to live with. In fact, till the time optionals remain a part of CSE, this unpredictability will remain. Also every year there is at least one person getting a top 10 rank with the Geography optional and many who are failing by taking other optional subjects.
This year also we got several ranks from Geography Optional including rank – 44, Anjali Shrotriya.
What AIR 44, Says About Geography Optional
So, learn to live with it rather than blaming it. Most of the times, the answers to one’s failure or unexpected performance lies within and not externally.
So the message is clear for all-
Merits of Geography As An Optional Subject
So, coming to the point, let us enumerate the merits of Geography as an optional to help you decide whether it’s the subject for you:
- Geography is scoring: If you maintain the essence of Geography in your answers, it will definitely fetch you good marks in Mains.
- Geography is interesting: You will have a fun ride with geography as most of the concepts relate to the physical and social environment of which you are an integral part.
- Geography has a maximum overlap with GS syllabus: If you prepare Geography optional, more than 30-40% of your GS syllabus is automatically prepared. Moreover, you develop better perspectives for Essay paper and interview as well. This year in GS paper 1, 110 marks were asked from geography. Also, International Relation, Disaster Management, Agriculture, exports, resources etc. are part of geography which helps in scoring well in GS 2 and GS 3.
- Geography is logic driven and scientific: Unlike some other humanities subjects, the study of Geography entails logic, scientific theories and empirical evidence. This makes Geography easy to understand and apply.
- Geography has an abundance of sources to refer: There is no dearth of quality materials and good books in Geography. You don’t have to dig too much into bookstores to find good books on Geography.
Features of the Programme
- The aim of the program is to groom the students with geography optional to approach the subject properly. All the topics in the syllabus will be covered in detail keeping the new trend of UPSC in mind.
- Small topic wise lectures will be provided so that students can clearly understand what portion of the syllabus has been covered. Also, it will help in revision.
- The program will start from 11th of July, 2022.
- The syllabus will be covered with in 4 months. So that enough time is left for revision. The program will get over by October.
- Approximately 300 hrs Classroom session will be conducted.
- The program will be conducted in offline and online mode. Offline classes will be conducted at Delhi and Bangalore center*.
- Live discussion sessions will be taken to clarify any queries for the online classes.
- Students will be made to learn how to write a proper geographical answer.
- To provide enough practice to the students so that they can feel comfortable with slightly twisted questions also.
Components of Geography Test Series:
- A total of 8 testswith 4 sectional test and 4 full tests. (Only online)
- All the students will get personal mentorship. Mentor will point out the individual mistakes and help in overall guidance.
- Quality Evaluation of the Answer Sheets and detailed feedback.
- Value Add notesfor will be provided.
- Tests will be held in accordance of the completion of the syllabus.
Atyab Ali Zaidi
- The faculty needs no introduction due to his immense popularity with UPSC aspirants for geography. But here is two lines about him.
- The Program will be conducted by Atyab Ali Zaidi sir.He is an alumnus of NIT Allahabad, Chemical Engineering and is one of the Core members of IASbaba team.
- He has been mentoring UPSC aspirants for the past 7 years and many of his students have qualified this prestigious exam with flying colours.
- Sandeep Mahajan Sir is a renowned faculty for geography and is known for his unique teaching skills.
- He has successfully mentored several students to clear the prestigious exam with geography optional. He explains concept in the most simplified form and helps students to remember the most difficult concept.
- He has experience in teaching from last 15 years.
- He has done masters in International Relations and have published many papers in International Journals.
For any queries
Mail Us: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- BANGALORE CENTRE: IASbaba’s TLP Centre 2– No. 1443/1444, 2nd Floor, Above Carzspa, Ganapati Circle, Chandra Layout, Vijaynagar, Bangalore 560040.
- Delhi CENTRE: B, Pusa Rd, opposite to Metro Pillar Number 110, Block B, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005.