In News: Union Defence Minister unveils 75 AI-based products and technologies at defence symposium.
- Indian soldiers patrolling on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) will soon be able to understand Mandarin and reply back instantly
- It is a 600gm Artificial Intelligence-based device developed by an Indian start-up, Cogknit.
- It was one of the 75 AI-enabled products and applications unveiled by Defence Minister at the ‘AI in Defence’ symposium.
- It is an offline handheld language translation system which works based on AI.
- It is bidirectional with a range of 5-10 feet and converts Mandarin to English.
- Troops of India and China come face to face on various occasions during patrols and local commanders too interact at various levels as part of efforts to maintain peace on the ground.
- Language is a major hindrance and interpreters need to be present during occasions like flag meetings.
- The exhibition also had several other AI-enabled products like robotic mine detector, intrusion detection system and integrated command fusion, remote weapon station, rail mounted robo, sensors for underwater domain awareness, and swarm drones, among others.
Source: The Hindu
Previous Year Question
Q.1) With reference to “Blockchain Technology”, consider the following statements: (2020)
- It is a public ledger that everyone can inspect, but which no single user controls.
- The structure and design of blockchain is such that all the data in it are about cryptocurrency only.
- Applications that depend on basic features of blockchain can be developed without anybody’s permission.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 only
- 1 and 3 only