Ayush Mark Certification Scheme
- Operated by Quality Council of India (QCI) since 2009
- A voluntary certification scheme for AYUSH products having two levels: Ayush Standard Mark and Ayush Premium Mark.
- The Ayush Standard Mark is based on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for Ayurvedic, Siddha and Unani medicines (ScheduleT) as per Drugs and Cosmetic Rules, 1945.
- AYUSH Premium Mark is based on WHO’s GMP guidelines covering herbal medicines.
- For any manufacturer to qualify for AYUSH Mark Certification, compliance to the domestic regulations is a pre-requisite.
- The products are certified post regulatory approval given by State Licensing Authority of the state government concerned.
Previous Year Question
Q.1) ‘SWAYAM’, an initiative of the Government of India, aims at (2016)
- promoting the Self Help Groups in rural areas
- providing financial and technical assistance to young start-up entrepreneurs
- promoting the education and health of adolescent girls
- providing affordable and quality education to the citizens for free