In News: The Prime Minister inaugurated the Digital India Week 2022.
- The theme for Digital India Week 2022: Catalyzing New India’s Techade.
- The programme will celebrate the anniversary of Digital India and demonstrate how public digital platforms like Aadhaar, UPI, Cowin, Digilocker etc. have enabled ease of living for citizens.
- Multiple digital initiatives were launched.
- PM launched ‘Digital India Bhashini’, ‘Digital India GENESIS’ and ‘Indiastack.global’; also dedicates ‘MyScheme’ and ‘Meri Pehchaan’.
- The first cohort of 30 Institutions to be supported under Chips to Startup Programme were also announced
Digital India Bhashini
- ‘Digital India Bhashini’ will enable easy access to the internet and digital services in Indian languages, including voice-based access, and help the creation of content in Indian languages.
- The key intervention in building AI-based language technology solutions for Indian languages will be the creation of multilingual datasets.
- Digital India Bhashini will enable massive citizen engagement to build datasets through a crowdsourcing initiative called BhashaDaan.
Digital India GENESIS
- ‘Digital India GENESIS’ (Gen-next Support for Innovative Startups) – a National Deep-tech Startup Platform, to discover, support, grow and make successful startups in Tier-II and Tier-III cities of India.
- ‘Indiastack.global’ – a global repository of key projects implemented under India Stack like Aadhaar, UPI, Digilocker, Cowin Vaccination Platform, Government e-Marketplace (GeM), DIKSHA Platform and Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission.
- A service discovery platform facilitating access to Government Schemes.
- It aims to offer a one-stop search and discovery portal where users can find schemes that they are eligible for.
- National Single Sign On for One Citizen Login.
- National Single Sign-On (NSSO) is a user authentication service in which a single set of credentials provide access to multiple online applications or services.
Chips to Startup Programme
- The C2S Programme aims to train specialized manpower in the area of design of semiconductor chips at Bachelors, Masters and Research levels, and act as a catalyst for the growth of Startups involved in semiconductor design in the country.
- It offers to mentor at the organisational level and makes available State-of-the-art facilities for design to the institutions.
- This is part of the India Semiconductor Mission to build a strong design ecosystem in semiconductors.