In News: Prime Minister dedicated to the nation the 92-MW floating solar power project set up at the National Thermal Power Corporation’s (NTPC) Kayamkulam unit in Kerala.
- PM stated that so far, about 170 GW capacity has been installed from non-fossil sources in India.
- India is among the top four-five countries in terms of installed solar capacity.
- The Kayamkulam plant is the second-largest floating solar power project of the NTPC after the 100-MW plant at Ramagundam in Telangana.
- The floating solar system was built on a 450-acre lake area adjacent to the NTPC’s Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Project (RGCCPP).
- Implemented at a cost of ₹465 crores, the project consists of around three lakh Made in India solar PV panels floating on water.
Source: The Hindu
Previous Year Question
Q.1) Consider the following statements: (2022)
- Gujarat has the largest solar park in India
- Kerala has a fully solar powered International Airport
- Goa has the largest floating solar photovoltaic project in India.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 and 2
- 2 only
- 1 and 3
- 3 only