Context: The Department has commenced the work for creating Agristack and has finalized the core concept of “India Digital Ecosystem of Agriculture (IDEA)” which lays down a framework for Agristack.
- Agristack is a federated structure and ownership of data is with the States only.
- Access to federated Farmers’ database is with Government only. No private company is involved in developing the federated Farmers’ database.
What is Agristack?
- AgriStack is a collection of technologies and digital databases that focuses on farmers and the agricultural sector.
- AgriStack will create a unified platform for farmers to provide them end to end services across the agriculture food value chain.
- It is in line with the Centre’s Digital India programme, aimed at providing a broader push to digitise data in India, from land titles to medical records.
- Each farmer will have a unique digital identification (farmers’ ID) that contains personal details,
- Each ID will be linked to the individual’s digital national ID Aadhaar.
- Problems such as inadequate access to credit and information, pest infestation, crop wastage, can be addressed by use of digital technology
- It will increase innovation and investment towards the agricultural sector
- For consolidating Agri ecosystem across the value chain (farm to fork) to empower the farmer using data analytics in 100 villages.
- For the establishment & launch of “Nation Agriculture Geo Hub” and for using their ‘ArcGIS’ platform enabling a GIS layer over farmers’ database.
- For digital services across the agri value chain and creating an innovation ecosystem around digital agriculture
- For collaborating with the department of agriculture for a pilot project to promote digital agriculture
- For farm management and farmers’ service
- For taking up primary intervention module, i.e., advisory (basic as well as advanced) service in first phase
- For building a customized ‘site specific crop advisory’ service and digitization of dairy value chain and support wheat crop operations
- For conceptualizing a proof of concept in effective knowledge sharing between farmers, administration, academia and industry
- For a digital marketplace to contribute effectively towards increasing the income of farmers and improve farm efficiency/efficiency of the agriculture sector
- For developing and hosting the agri marketplace platform
- Scale the pest management solution for cotton farmers to about 50,000 lead farmers and 500000+ cascade farmers in 2022 Kharif season.
- Create AI/ML solution.