In News: National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS) will organize two-days’ face-to-face capacity building programme for EMRS teachers to implement Amazon Future Engineer Program(CSR Programme) in collaboration with the Learning Links Foundation (LLF).
- Modern Information Technology shall enable early exposure to and bolster the preparedness of students for future careers in STEM education.
Amazon Future Engineer (AFE) Program:
- It is launched by NESTS and LLF.
- It shall be launched in around 54 EMRSs across 6 States namely, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, and Telangana in schools having access to digital infrastructure including a computer lab and stable active internet connectivity.
- Course modules shall include Computer Science Fundamentals, Introduction to Coding, Logical Sequencing, Learning Loops, Block Programming using open secure source platforms like code.org, Class Chat Sessions to discuss tech space, different tech initiatives, etc.
- The proposed training workshop for EMRS teachers shall serve as a stepping stone in creating awareness about the potential of Computer Science in students of EMRS as well as access to quality IT education in our schools.
National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS):
- It is an autonomous organization established under Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and 1M1B Foundation, USA.
- It is a body that manages Eklavya Model Residential Schools(EMRSs).
- NESTS commenced its journey in 2018 aimed at providing high quality education to the tribal students in their own environment.
- Headquartered at New Delhi
Aim of NESTS:
- It aims to engage students of EMRSs in nation-building by enabling teachers and students to understand the world of possibilities offered by emerging technologies and become creators using Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) to build India’s Metaverse.
- To oversee management of the schools in different states, where separate State Education Societies for Tribal Students (SESTS) have been set up.
- To issue guidelines on syllabus, school criteria, etc
- Learning Links Foundation (LLF) is a philanthropic organization working for ‘Amazon Future Engineer Program’ that is unique in the area of computational skills training for students and teachers of EMRSs.