- The scheme aims at preparation of Master Plans of the Railway stations and implementation of the Master Plan in phases to enhance the facilities including and beyond the Minimum Essential Amenities (MEA) and aiming for creation of Roof Plazas and city centres at the station in long run.
- Meet the needs of the stakeholders, station usage studies and inter-se priority.
- Introduction of new amenities as well as upgradation and replacement of existing amenities.
- This scheme will also cover the stations where detailed techno-economic feasibility studies have been conducted.
- Formulated by Ministry of Railways
- It is a new policy for modernization of stations named “Amrit Bharat Station” scheme.
- Amrit Bharat Station scheme envisages development of stations on a continuous basis with a long term vision.
Scope of work:
- The scheme aims to relocate redundant/old buildings in a cost efficient manner
- Provide good cafeteria/retail facilities
- Space shall also be created for Executive Lounges and places for small business meetings.
- Elements of landscaping, green patches and local art and culture should be used
- High level platforms(760-840 mm) shall be provided at all categories of stations.
- Ballast less tracks would be provided on platform lines and lines with train maintenance facilities.
- Drainage of platform areas is of utmost importance.
- Provisions may be made such that station provides free WIFI access to its users.
- Ceremonial flags may be provided at appropriate space in the station.
- Enough toilets shall be provided at all categories of stations with separate provisions for women and Divyangjan
- Gradual shift to sustainable and environmentally friendly solutions as per availability of funds and condition of existing assets.