Life doesn’t make any sense without interdependence. We need each other, and the sooner we learn that, it is better for us all.” – Erik Erikson
In this question candidates need to explain meaning if interdependence and write about importance of interdependence and cooperation and how our lives are interconnected.
Interdependence is a basic fact of the world. From ecology to astronomical bodies, family to nations, we live in an interdependent world.
Interdependence is a connection between subjects where one subject’s needs can be fulfilled by the other subject’s resources and these transfer of resources works both ways. This kind of relationships can be found almost everywhere since, as humans, we need other people’s help to survive and strive.
Importance of interdependence:
- Values: Family, schools, friends, community shape value inculcation in individuals and weave society’s moral fabric.
- Climate Action: Common but differentiated responsibilities are due for effective action against climate change and environmental damage.
- Democracy: System of institutional checks and balances, distribution of powers between judiciary, executive and legislature, or through federalism are necessary to sustain democracy.
- Emotional well being: Understanding the emotional needs of self and others, being understood emotionally is a manifestation of interdependent reflection.
- Scientific developments: Dependence on shoulders of intellectual giants like Newton and Madhava, epistemology through dissertations.
- Heritage: Inter generational knowledge such as through tribal knowledge systems, oral traditions, literature, religion etc. are sources of culture
- It helps in shaping value inculcation in individuals and weaves society’s moral fabric.
- Being understood emotionally is a manifestation of interdependent reflection. Interdependence helps in understanding the emotional needs of self and others.
- Interdependence helps in differentiating responsibilities, which are important for effective action against climate change and environmental damage.
- In a democracy, interdependence among the organs of the government keeps it under checks and balances, and distribution of powers is managed.
- Inter generational knowledge such as through indigenous knowledge systems, oral traditions, literature, religion etc. are sources of cultural ecosystem.
- This quotation suggests that we are all connected and depend on each other in some way, and that life is more meaningful when we recognize and embrace this interdependence.
- It suggests that we are better off when we work together towards common goals, and that the sooner we learn this, the better it will be for all of us.
- This quotation can be seen as a reminder of the importance of community and connection in our lives.
- It suggests that we are not meant to live in isolation, but rather that we are meant to rely on and support each other.
- It also highlights the benefits of collaboration and working together, suggesting that we can achieve more when we join forces and pool our resources and skills.
- This quotation can be particularly relevant in the current global climate, where there are many challenges and problems that require collective action and collaboration in order to be solved.
- While being independent is important for survival, we cannot function independently without interdependence.
- Interdependence is when two or more people rely on each other for support, and it is a necessary and healthy part of our physical, mental, and emotional development.
- Lack of interdependence -lack of Interdependence leads to prohibition of goods and services.
- This leads to inefficiency and a more impoverish
- In addition, it also promotes conflicts between nations.
- By recognizing and embracing our interdependence, we can work together towards a better future for all.
History, culture, ecology and development are all interdependent. Global warming and development deficit are the most instructive example of interdependence in modern world. To meet our individual needs, we need to take care of surrounding society and nature.