Science and Technology
Context: Recently dermatologists in Delhi have cautioned users that there is no scientific evidence to prove usage of biotin for healthy hair and nail growth.
About Biotin (Vitamin B7):
- It is a water-soluble vitamin that helps the body metabolize fats, carbohydrates, and protein.
- Water-soluble vitamins are not stored in the body, so daily intake is necessary.
- The human cells cannot synthesize vitamin B7.
- However, bacteria in the body can produce biotin, and the vitamin is present in numerous foods.
- Sources of Biotin: Red meat, eggs, seeds, and nuts.
- Deficiency of Biotin can cause: Hair loss, scaly, red rash around the eyes, nose, mouth, and genitals, Depression, Lethargy, Hallucinations, loss of control of bodily movements, known as ataxia, Weakened immune function, Increased risk of bacterial and fungal infections
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…