Context: The scheme- Conformity Assessment Scheme on IS 19000:2022, has been formulated with the objective of certifying the processes related to the collection, moderation and publication of online customer reviews to check the publication of fake or misleading reviews.
About IS 19000:2022:
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the national standard body of India, has published an Indian Standard — IS 19000:2022, ‘Online Consumer Reviews – Principles and Requirements for their Collection, Moderation and Publication’.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards has come out with a new standard for organizations, like e-commerce players, travel portals and food delivery platforms, that publish consumer review online as part of the government’s efforts to curb fake reviews.
- This standard is applicable to any organization that publishes consumer reviews online, including suppliers/sellers of products and services that collect reviews from their own customers, a third-party contracted by the suppliers/sellers or an independent third party.
Conformity Assessment Scheme:
- Under the conformity assessment scheme for Grant of Conformity for Process as per standard IS 19000:2022 on ‘Online Consumer Reviews — Principles and Requirements for their Collection, Moderation and Publication’, conformity is granted for demonstrating conformity to all the requirements of IS 19000:2022.
- The Scheme lays down the criteria and responsibilities of the organization and ancillary requirements for grant and operation of certification requirements for processes related to the collection, moderation, and publication of online customer reviews, and charges relating to certification of said process.
- This Conformity Assessment Scheme will ensure the authenticity and reliability of consumer reviews published online, and will help consumers make informed decisions.
- This is a major step towards ensuring consumer protection and promoting fair trade practices in the e-commerce industry.
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…