Science and Technology
Joint Parliamentary Committee
ers at the Microsoft Research (MSR) lab in India have been working towards creating Project ELLORA.
About Project ELLORA:
- The project aims to bring ‘rare’ Indian languages online.
- It is also known as Enabling Low Resource Languages that was launched in 2015.
- It is a digital resource for Indian languages that do not have enough presence online.
- Some of the languages that’s its researching includes: Gondi, Mundari, and Idu Mishmi.
- It is a South-Central Dravidian language spoken by Gond tribes.
- It is spoken in Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- It is written in Devanagari and Telugu scripts.
- It belongs to Austroasiatic language family spoken by the Munda tribes.
- It is spoken in Jharkhand, Odisha and West Bengal.
- Scripts: Mundari bani.
- It is written in the Devanagari, Odia, Bengali, and Latin writing systems.
- It is spoken in Arunachal Pradesh and in Tibet Autonomous Region, China.
- It uses the Tibetan script and Idu Azobra script.
- It is also known as Sulikata, Midu, Mindri and Mithu.
Source: Indian Express
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…