Indian Polity & Constitution, Science and Technology
Context: The Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry received the Porter Prize 2023 recently.
About Porter prize:
- Porter Prize is named after award-winning economist Michael E. Porter.
- The award recognized the Government’s strategy in managing COVID-19, along with the approach, and involvement of various stakeholders, especially the involvement of ASHA workers in the industry to create PPE Kits.
- The award was presented to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at an event organized by Institute for Competitiveness (IFC) and Stanford University.
- The theme of the two-day conference was “The Indian Economy 2023: Innovation, Competitiveness, and Social Progress”.
Previous Year Questions
Q.1) Consider the following: (2022)
- Aarogya Setu
Which of the above are built on top of open-source digital platforms?
- 1 and 2 only
- 2, 3, and 4 only
- 1, 3, and 4 only
- 1, 2, 3 and 4
Q.2) In the context of vaccines manufactured to prevent the COVID-19 pandemic, consider the following statements: (2022)
- The Serum Institute of India produced a COVID-19 vaccine named Covishield using an mRNA platform.
- The Sputnik V vaccine is manufactured using a vector-based platform.
- COVAXIN is an inactivated pathogen-based vaccine.
Which of the statements given above is correct?
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…