1) Sociology has a long past, but only a short history. Comment.
2) Why August Comte is called the father of sociology and what was his approach towards sociology as a subject?
3) The Enlightenment period is considered as the most appropriate point of departure in the study of the origins of sociological theory. Explain why.
Intellectual influences or sources for the rise of Sociology.Elaborate.
Four fold evolution of sociology. Explain.
New outlook, that developed as a direct result of Commercial and Scientific revolution, crystallized during the French and Industrial revolution and gave birth to sociology. Explain.
(Note. Above 4 questions demands the same conceptual understanding, also with little change in approach to your answer. You can try either all or few of them. )
4) Critically examine the contribution of ‘modernity’ in the present world order.
5) Briefly discuss Modernity and social changes in Europe.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.