Sociology, TLP Mains 2015
LEARN & PERFORM (TLP): SOCIOLOGY [DAY 1]
1) Sociology has a long past, but only a short history. Comment.
2) Why August Comte is called the father of sociology and what was his approach towards sociology as a subject?
3) The Enlightenment period is considered as the most appropriate point of departure in the study of the origins of sociological theory. Explain why.
Intellectual influences or sources for the rise of Sociology.Elaborate.
Four fold evolution of sociology. Explain.
New outlook, that developed as a direct result of Commercial and Scientific revolution, crystallized during the French and Industrial revolution and gave birth to sociology. Explain.
(Note. Above 4 questions demands the same conceptual understanding, also with little change in approach to your answer. You can try either all or few of them. )
4) Critically examine the contribution of ‘modernity’ in the present world order.
5) Briefly discuss Modernity and social changes in Europe.
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…