Think and Learn-2015, TLP Mains 2015, UPSC, UPSC Mains- Think and Learn-2015
Click on the links and then answer on respective questions!
Day 59- ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
1. Examine the causes of environmental degradation in hill areas. Suggest an appropriate development strategy for the hilly tracts of India.
2. ‘From Nirmal bharat to Swachch Bharat, the core concern is solid waste management’. Why is there no great leap in addressing the issue of Solid Waste Management in India? Suggest suitable measures to address the problem?
3. With increase in the number of smart cities are we moving toward more number of heat islands and radiation pollution? Discuss.
4. What are the basic differences between a national park and a wildlife sanctuary? How do they ensure conservation of wildlife? Discuss.
5. What are the principal causes of coral bleaching. Why we should be concerned about it? Discuss.
HIGH ORDER THINKING [HOT]
- Divergence on issues related to IPR, climate change, trade facilitation and global economic governance defy the rhetoric of India and US being “natural allies”. Do you agree? Critically examine the issue in light of the recent developments in Indo-US relations.
- Labour reforms, disinvestment and FDI are being seen as imperative measures to realise the full growth potential of the economy. However, serious concerns have also been raised about the adverse effects of these measures on the workers class. How do you view this issue? Is it possible to harmonize both these aspects? How?
- ‘The occasion of the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII was used by China to display it’s military might to the world. At the same time the Chinese head of the State also declared to reduce the strength of it’s military force.’ What conclusions can be drawn here keeping in mind the evolving geopolitics of the Asia- Pacific? Is there any message for India in this regard?
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…