Click on the links and then answer on respective questions!
Day 65- GS INDIAN GEOGRAPHY
2) Discuss the development of paper and pulp industry in India. What are the factors which determine the location of this industry in certain pockets of India? Comment on the scope of paper and pulp industry in north eastern states.
5) Recently, there have been substantial developments in the field of monsoon prediction in India. Discuss these developments and also enumerate the variables that are taken into account for predicting the monsoons
6. The provisions related to social impact assessment (SIA) and the consent clause in the Land Acquisition Act, 2013 need to be diluted in order to fast track the infrastructure projects. Do agree? Examine the issue in light of the opposition to the ordinance that was meant to expedite the process of land acquisition in India. Do you think the amended provisions were anti farmer?
7. Indo-Russian ties have evolved with the changing configuration of the global order. However, few irritants remain which include the Syrian question and India’s endorsement of the Russian troop mobilization, below par bilateral trade volume and Russian engagement with China and Pakistan. Critically examine these aspects.
8. It is unfortunate that the Parliament is not functioning the way it is supposed to, with frequent disruptions, rampant verbal banters and unparliamentary behaviour being norm of the day. However, what is more disturbing is the lack of a social movement directed against such unexpected impasse. Do you agree? Elucidate.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :