RM Lodha committee, appointed by the Supreme Court, has given a report on the way the BCCI should be working. The SC said that the recommendations of the committee are binding on BCCI.
Read the following Hindu article and IASbaba’s article for analysis of the report.
The key recommendations of the report are:
- BCCI should come under RTI
- Cricket betting should be legalised
- More than two consecutive terms for holding office positions should be barred
- Ministers or government servants should not hold office positions in BCCI
- There shall be only one post per one person
- No proxy voting of individuals
- Only the cricket bodies that represent states should have full membership and voting rights in BCCI
- Other members of the board like All India Universities, Railway Sports Promotion Board etc. should be only associate members without voting rights
- There should be separate governing bodies for IPL and BCCI
The recommendations are fair and are aimed at bringing transparency in the administration of cricket body. The BCCI is planning to file an appeal in the SC against the report.