Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 3]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Minicoy island
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Malthus’ grim forecast
- Marx’s ideas on population
- Epidemiologic transition
3. Is population a problem? Critically examine by taking suitable examples. Also explain whether there exits a correlation between population explosion and problems of food security. (20 marks)
4. What is the need of having a population policy? What are the salient features of India’s current population policy? Does it take into account the demographic window that the current population structure offers? Examine.
5. Draw a comparison between the socio-demographic attributes of India and Africa by applying the demographic transition theory. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.