Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 3]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Minicoy island
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Malthus’ grim forecast
- Marx’s ideas on population
- Epidemiologic transition
3. Is population a problem? Critically examine by taking suitable examples. Also explain whether there exits a correlation between population explosion and problems of food security. (20 marks)
4. What is the need of having a population policy? What are the salient features of India’s current population policy? Does it take into account the demographic window that the current population structure offers? Examine.
5. Draw a comparison between the socio-demographic attributes of India and Africa by applying the demographic transition theory. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :