Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 13]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Cauvery river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- La Nina
- Urban heat island
- Climate and weather
3. What are the recent developments in monsoon forecasting? Which factors are taken into account for monsoon prediction? Elaborate. (20 marks)
4. Write a short note on Koppen’s climatic classification. Does it apply to India also? Examine. (15 marks)
5. What is El Nino? How does it affect the Indian economy? Discuss. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :