Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 43]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Palk starit
- Satluj river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Significance of solar energy for India
- Mesorovic Pestle model
- Causes of energy crisis
- Geothermal energy
- Coal gassification
3. Discuss the significance of ‘Limits to Growth’ model in the present day world by identifying and discussing at least four areas where it finds direct application. (20 marks)
4. Energy crisis can not be solved, it can only be managed. Discuss. (15 marks)
5. Discuss India’s potential in the field of renewables. (15 marks
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :