Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 53]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Rural industries as a social capital
- Distribution of paper industry in India
- Locational factors for chemical industry
- Potential of cottage industries as a source of sustainable rural income
- Difference between agro based industries and food processing industry
3. India is the one of the largest manufacturers of generic drugs in the world. The vibrant pharmaceutical industry of India has given stiff competition to various MNCs operating in different parts of the world. However, IPR is a major roadblock in realising the true potential of this industry in India. Do you agree? Substantiate. (20 marks)
4. What are the locational factors for the paper industry? What are the non-conventional raw materials that can be used in the paper industry? Discuss their potential. (15 marks)
5. What can be the backward and forward linkages in the fertilizer industry? Also discuss the economic significance of backward integration in fertilizer industry by taking suitable examples. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :