TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : History [23rd Aug, 2017] – Day 29
Topic: Maurya Empire
1. Social norms for women in the Dharmasastra and Arthasastra tradition were framed in accordance with the Varnashrama tradition. Evaluate critically.
2. Discuss different interpretations of historians about the nature of Asoka’s ‘Dhamma’. Did his principle of ‘Dhamma-vijaya’ render the Mauryan Empire militaristically weak?
3. Delineate the nature and impact of India’s contact with Western Asia and the Mediterranean world during the Mauryan period.
4. Assess the significance of Mauryan empire in the history of India.
5. Describe the Mauryan contribution to Indian art and architecture .