1. A term neonate born to Rh negative mother is brought at 22 hours of life with jaundice, fever and one episode of convulsion.
A. What is the most likely diagnosis and it’s basis.
B. Enumerate the key investigations and principles of management.
C. List four important long term complications of this disease.
D. Mention the preventive measures.
2. A. Enumerate the common causes of community acquired pneumonia in under 5 children.
B. Discuss the criteria for diagnosis and classification of pneumonia in the community without resorting to investigations.
3. A. Enlist the diagnostic criteria for severe malnutrition according to WHO classification in under 5 children.
B. Discuss the home/community based management of children with moderate malnutrition.
4. How can you recognize heart failure in infants below one year of age. Enumerate the common causes of heart failure in infants.
5. Discuss the etiology and pathophysiology of kernicterus in newborns. How can you prevent kernicterus?