TLP Geography Optional 2018 [12th July]: Day 8
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Mount Abu
- Kosi river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Difference between agricultural efficiency and agriculture productivity
- Whittlesey classification
- Sir Creek issue
- Teesta water sharing dispute with Bangladesh
- Fishing rights issue with Sri Lanka
3. Can Latin America be the grain bowl of the world? Critically examine. (20 marks)
4. Examine the technologies that reduce dependence on water in traditional cultivation in developing countries. (15 marks)
5. What are the adverse effects of imbalanced NPK ratio in soil. Examine. How can it be addressed? Discuss. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :