TLP Geography Optional 2018 [13th July]: Day 9
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Brahmaputra river
- Terai region
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Food crisis in Africa
- Interrelation between population explosion and food crisis
- Issue of nutritional security in India
- Problem of cross border terrorism
- India’s role in the Indian Ocean realm
3. Critically evaluate India’s counter terrorism strategy. (20 marks)
4. Do a regional analysis of India’s food and nutritional crisis. Also suggest various measures to address the same. (15 marks)
5. Write a short essay on ‘India and SAARC: Potential, challenges and opportunities’. (15 marks)