TLP Geography Optional 2018 [16th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Eastern Ghat
- Khasi hills
- Barak river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Locational factors of steel industry
- Locational factors of fertiliser industry
- Global pattern of labour intensive industries
- Effect of retreating globalisation on India
- Human rights concerns in global trade
3. Write a note on ‘Geopolitics of South China Sea’. (20 marks)
4. Examine the shifting location of IT industry in the world. Also discuss the factors causing this shift. (15 marks)
5. Write a short essay on ‘Changing pattern of world trade’. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :