TLP Geography Optional 2018 [17th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Garo hills
- Subansiri river
- NH 1
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Trend of population growth in MDCs
- Trend of population growth in LDCs
- Demographic attributes
- Factors behind high population density along the Nile river
- Areas of thin population density and factors thereof
3. Why most of world’s population growth is concentrated in LDCs? (20 marks)
4. Examine the patterns and morphology of rural settlements in India. (15 marks)
5. What is urban development? How does it differ from urban growth and urbanisation? Examine. (15 marks)