TLP Geography Optional 2018 [24th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Rabi river
- GIFT City
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Dynamic propulsive industries
- Cumulative causation
- Growth pole theory
- Economies of scale
- Application of growth pole theory in developing countries
3. Discuss the advantages, challenges and limitations of decentralised planning. (20 marks)
4. What are the objectives of integrated rural development? Examine its strategies. (15 marks)
5. How can panchayati raj institutions be reformed? Discuss. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :