TLP Geography Optional 2018 [25th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Mahi river
- National Waterway 2
- Dudhwa National Park
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Environmental determinism and regional imbalance
- Racial explanation of regional imbalance
- Cumulative causation of regional imbalance
- Sustainable regional development
- Watershed management
3. Discuss the concept, objectives and strategies of command area development programme. (20 marks)
4. Write a note on ‘Myrdal- Hirchman prognosis’. (15 marks)
5. Discuss Wiliamson’s convergence hypothesis. (15 marks)