TLP Geography Optional 2018 [27th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Meghalaya plateau
- Namdapha National Park
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Regional development strategies
- Sustainable development goals
- Regional planning goals in India
- Problems of island territories
- Industrial waste generation as a fallout of regional development
3. What are the strategies for sustainable regional planning? Also examine the principles that should be kept in mind while planing regional development. (20 marks)
4. Why do island territories lack development. How can development deficit be addressed? Examine. (15 marks)
5. Have strategies regional planning in India transformed in the last two decade? Critically examine. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :