TLP Geography Optional 2018 [30th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Konkan Coast
- Mahanadi river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Ethnic diversity in India
- Significance of models and theories in geography
- Racial diversity in India
- Cultural regions in India
- Linguistic regions in India
3. How does linguistic diversity lead to regional consciousness? Examine with the help of suitable examples from all over the world. (20 marks)
4. Explain the phenomenon of climate change through ‘system approach’. (15 marks)
5. Population theories don’t take into account externalities present in the globalised world and the behavioural pattern evident in the choices made by individuals. Comment. (15 marks)